Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ten

Tomorrow morning I will wake up, get ready for school, and begin my tenth year in teaching. My journey in this profession that I love has been filled with unexpected twists and turns, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There's no job I would rather do. In my soul, I know that I am a teacher. 

Ten years ago I crawled into bed scared out of my mind. Twenty-five first graders would be greeting me in the morning, I would be responsible for them from 8-3 for the next 178 school days. Why anyone thought I was ready for that is still beyond me. Somehow they all managed to learn.  I'm pretty sure my co-workers gave me a stacked class that year...and as those now 10th graders walk into their classes in the morning, I'll think of them and the great things they have in store for them. 

Ten years ago I knew that I had some incredible ladies in my corner. I knew then, and I know now, that Gina and Nancy were/are watching over me...guiding me...leading me...mentoring me...praying for me. Helping me to be my very best. Ladies...friends...my gratitude knows no bounds. I am eternally thankful for you. 

Tonight, as I lay my head on my pillow, I spend a few minutes praying for Courtney and Jessica just as my mentors prayed for me. If I can be for them even half of what those fantastic friends have been for me...

Here's to another school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment